I'm not so into the blogging lately. Not sure why that is. Maybe because after rereading a few of them I'm realizing the same themes keep cropping up. Oh, I'm broke, oh, there's a paper due, oh, I'm feeling insecure about my abilities. Not only does it get tiring for you, but for me as well.
So what's going on these days? Oh, I'm broke, I'm insecure, but just to shake it up, there's no paper currently due.
Other items of interest:
- The first day of Irish cinema class saw my teacher work in a bit on Irish sex games that were played at wakes, you know, back in the olden days. Which prompted me to wonder, A) what the hell is this guy talking about? B) who were the participants of these games? the widow? the dead guy? Uncle Mike? and C) what if these games were still part of our society...to the degree children chose to play a mock-version akin to doctor. There would always be the fat kid in the corner crying, "I don't want to be the corpse again!"
-Annie and I were discussing heady academic topics when the word estrogen was mentioned. Annie said, "Oh, you mean, oestrogen (pronounced eee-strogen)?" To which I replied her particular pronunciation made it sound like a holiday. "Children, Eeestrogen is just around the corner! Shall we bake a ham?" To which the children reply, "Yaaaay!" The Eeestrogen Bunny's chocolate eggs take on a whole new meaning.
-I am spending my evening watching Tarzan and his Mate. Why? you may well ask. Well mostly because Big Jeter told me to. He has promised me that there's full-frontal of Maureen O'Sullivan. This, my friends, is what film studies is all about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment