The foggy goal in the back of my head is always to write five blogs a month. I refuse to let May be the stumbling block in maintaining my track record. The next couple of entries might be a little on the thin side, but by gum, there a-coming. And besides, didn't I just say something about all the bloggable events that have been besieging me of late? I guess I have to make good on my claim.
As of the 19th I am back to the grind of full-time employment. Not having given an honest 40 hours a week since well before my arrival in Ireland (and even then I'm not sure it could be classified as 'honest'), I am finding the routine of Monday - Friday a tad draining. I am used to keeping odd hours throughout the week, with plenty of time factored in for naps and afternoon movies. That's certainly at an end.
I get home around seven every evening absolutely exhausted. Tonight I fell asleep at 8:30 and was up by 10:00. It is now 12:30. I know that sitting at a desk all day and staring at a database isn't keeping the blood flowing and the energy levels up. I stopped in at a holistic health center after work to inquire about yoga classes. They were unable to provide me with anything until the middle of next month, but it was a very calming experience.
Oh, and today, as a bonus, I think I ate bad Chinese food for lunch.
Wait, I thought interesting things had been happening to me. Maybe that's just in my head...things are always interesting in there. Maybe I need to reassess my definition of interesting. Maybe I need more naps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment