My arch-nemesis EBay hooked me in again. So many shiny pretties. At least I've kicked my penchant for cracked and colorful diner ware. But the night I got back from France I thought I'd just peruse the big 'E's offerings on Orla Kiely bags. Yeah, every Irish soccer mom and she-yuppie from here to Dingle is sporting one, but I don't care. They are bright and functional and my 10 year old backpack is cashed. I want to belong, in a stylish messenger bag kind of way.
I found the exact thing I wanted, at a price that wasn't too obscene. Sadly, having just overspent myself on a holiday with the bf that neither of us could really afford to begin with, and added to that the expenses incurred from his stint as a somewhat unsuccessful bicycle stuntman, this wasn't the time to buy an expensive want-worthy item, plus pay international shipping. So I totally hit bid.
I won. Which really was a bit of a shock, considering I place loads of bids on things and never manage to come out as the actual winner. After I had slept off the travel weariness and realized what I had done, panic set in. You see, my PayPal account had been inactive for so long they had shut it down, well, rather they had asked pesky questions about current cards and things of that ilk. My new bank card had been sent to me in June, but I only got it in August and then they wouldn't let me call that damned 800 number to activate it because I'm in Ireland. Life is hard.
'This is IT! They'll bar me from EBay forever! I'll never get to bid on my precious Jackson china plates again, to say nothing of expanding my zemlya wallet collection. Ohshitohshitohshit, what will I do?'
Well naturally, I'll not tell the bf, because that's what gf's who have made questionable shopping decisions do (HIDE THE PURCHASE, DESTROY THE RECEIPTS), but then I immediately regretted that choice as the idea is to be honest within the relationship. Right? Well that's what I've been told. So I 'fessed up and then immediately borrowed a friend's credit card to pay for the stupid bag that I don't even want anymore. Except that I totally want it because my backpack still sucks.
I wonder if I can block EBay from my computer. Can you do that? But I have to look at my pretties or I'll die. Damn, the 'Bay is like internet crack. Can't kick it, baby, no can do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment