One of the problems with this whole blog business is that everyone wants to chime in. Concessions must be made in the name of tact, or ethics, or just common decency. Stupid common decency. That said, I will offer a brief word on the previous entry, "Sounding Off."
I do not plan to make a habit of venting my spleen via my blog whenever the mood hits, which, be not shocked, is not all that often. I felt that in this one particular instance the combination of my anger and the crunchy snacks made for a good read. In future, I will be more prudent with my choice of what to blog about.
And should the subject of that particular post ever chance upon this blog of mine, let it be known that I no longer think him to be all those offensive names which I liberally bandied about (but that are still pertinent in the context of the post and will therefore not be edited). In fact, he made an attempt to engage me in conversation after last week's screening of The Shining. Unfortunately, I was so deeply disturbed by said screening (Jesus, has anyone seen The Shining recently? WTF? It wasn't that scary when I was a kid) that I was unable to say anything more intelligible than, "Yipes!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Totally agree with you on the Shining. I think it's an adult's horror film. As a kid at a slumber party it didn't scare me at all but now I find it terrifying.
I think what you said was awesome, funny, and clearly needed to be said. I mean really, who brings pringles to a movie screening? I know he is American, but come on, stop giving us a bad rap. Besides, Pringles are made by Proctor and Gamble who test on animals. The animals also hate pringles and really hate that they have to keep trying out new flavors.
the shining is a wonderful movie... the Big Wheel scene alone is classic.
Have you tried those triple-stuffed crust double meat pepperoni calzone lunchables Pringles? They are awesome - I had some for breakfast, during church.
Plum likes 'em, too.
USA! USA! USA! USA!
I find Shelley Duvall positively frightening!
Post a Comment