Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Strategy for Success

As the clock ticks down to essay deadlines I thought I'd outline my plan for creating academically challenging papers in a timely fashion.

Wake up around 8:00 a.m. for class. Immediately resolve to hit the library at lunch for perusal of sources.

Go to class, watch film.

Think about film and what it "meant". Become confused.

Lunch, blow off library and eat overpriced, under-appetizing chow on campus. Alternatively, go to library and skim perezhilton in the post-grad reading room. Wonder if I am being watched with my non-academic computer use and judged harshly. Mentally tell the judge-y to fuck off, I've paid my money.

Return to class for lecture. Become moderately inspired to really hit the books hard that night.

Leave class, head back to room. Take nap.

Eat.

Check email, CNN, perez, repeatedly, obsessively until about 10:00 p.m.

Make tea.

Open book. Flip through pages at random. Wonder if I've received new email, check email. Look at book, read two sentences, close book. Pick up article. Assess length, read if not too long, put down if more than 5 pages.

Check email.

Open word document. Type essay question in bold at top. Save document, file under "essays". Close word document.

Eat snack.

Think about essay topic. Formulate plan for next day.

Check email.

Get caught in hopeless cycle of spider solitaire, solitaire, freecell and hearts, in that order, until I win a round of each.

Check email.

Turn out light at 1:00 a.m.

Fall asleep.

3 comments:

Katie said...

we really are two kindred spirits. I believe that is also my cycle, except I've been at the Seminary Library near my house because it is so quiet and I have to deal with people that really REALLY love Jebus. like really.

What level of spider solitaire do you play? I kinda own that game. we can duel in less than a month.

Jenna said...

I'm currently intermediate, but in anticipation of our new year's spider solitaire death match, I'm stepping it up to advanced as of right now.

Annie said...

This sounds familiar. Except swap solitaire for Tetris.