Wow, so that's it. I mean, except for my vile thesis work, the year, she is over.
Had that wretched presentation last Wednesday. There was no sense of relief when it was over. No feeling of euphoria that I had nailed it. Nothing like that at all, because it wasn't all that great. I had the rest of the day to sit there, listening to PhDs give presentations of their work thinking about how much I'd screwed up, how film clips were troublesome beasts and how I really didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about, even though this is what I will be focusing on from now until mid-August. Even the lunch was lame...no vegetarian sandwiches, minus one, which I think they just forgot to put meat into.
However, the end of term wasn't as hard on everyone else on the UCD campus. Having arrived home yesterday from work around 8:30 p.m., the grounds looked as if Guinness, Buckfizz and Heineken had sponsored a free give-away, minus any strategically placed trash bins. If there was a bottle bill in this town, a small fortune could be made on the refuse of the student revelers.
After I finish one last essay, on Irish cinema, I'll then begin my thesis work in earnest, or begin earnestly panicking...but several months in advance, no need to procrastinate on that front.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I say YAY! I say.
Plum says "Barkie Bark."
You should blog more. Or is the internet broken in Ireland?
I was thinking about you the other day, did you get my vibes?! I was telling someone recently how we met up with you at the Film Institute. That was just about one of the coolest things that happened.
Post a Comment