Friday, February 20, 2009

Is this the Line for Bread?

It's funny how when you've got one particular thing hanging over your head it completely annihilates all other topics of discussion. I can think of nothing to write about except my joblessness. Yesterday was a particularly low point. Naturally the anticipated phone call from HR never came through. While not revealing the name of the corporation in question for the sake of discretion (rhymes with 'Yeti Rimages') let it just be said, I'll never go to their museum or use crude oil again. I invite you to join me in my protest.

The high point today is getting my hair did, you know, to keep the spirits up and all. If I'm pretty, employers will like me more, right? A bit of a trim off the split ends and a deep conditioning will make my CV look even more appealing. If my phone doesn't ring within five minutes of completing a whole-new-glamorous-me look, I'll know that all is lost and that good grooming counts for nothing in this amoral world, NOTHING!

No comments: